Journals and Listservs
- AAAL (American Association for Applied Linguistics)
- ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages)
- CALICO (The Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium)
- LSA (Linguistic Society of America)
- MLA (Modern Languages Association)
- TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- AERA Minority Fellowship Program Award up to $12,000 and up to $1,000 in travel support. Applications are due in early November.
- American Institute for Maghrib Studies Award from $6,000 to $15,000. Applications are due in January.
- Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Award up to $23,000 maximum. Applications are due in early November.
- The International Research Foundation for English Language Education Award up to $5,000 maximum. Applications are due in mid-May.
- The Josephine de Kármán Fellowship Trust Award provides $20,000 of support. Applications are due in late January.
- Language Learning Dissertation Grant Program Award provides up to $2,000 of support.
- Mellon/American Council of Learned Societies Dissertation Completion Fellowship Award of $25,000 stipend plus an additional stipend for research and university fees. Applications are due in mid November of each year for fellowships beginning the following summer.
- Modern Language Journal Dissertation Support Grants Award provides up to $2,500 of support.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant Award up to $12,000. Applications are due to NSF on January 15th and July 15th, however, it is necessary to allow additional time for review by the Office of Sponsored Research.
- The Phi Beta Kappa Mary Isabel Sibley Fellowship Award includes a stipend of up to $20,000. Applications are due in mid-January.
- Spencer Foundation Dissertation Fellowship Program Fellowships of $25,000. Applications are due in early November.
- Social Science Research Council (SSRC) International Dissertation Research Fellowship Maximum award of $20,000. Applications are due in early November; announcements are made in April of the following year.
- Small Grants for Doctoral Research in Second or Foreign Language Assessment Award of $2,000. Applications are due October 15 and February 15. Awards are announced on December 15 or April 20.
- Wenner-Gren Foundation Dissertation Fieldwork Fellowship Award of $25,000. Applications are due May 1 and November 1. Awards are announced six months later.